Welcome to 30_hugs! This is your mod, insaneladybug speaking! I have accepted the reins from inamoto, and I intend to get this comm active again!
This community was inspired by 30_kisses and all other commmunities with 30 themes. Like the other communities, this one is a friendly and low-pressured community in which fanartists and fanfiction writers can develop and plug their works.
The main idea of this comm is the same as well. Get a romantic or platonic relationship you wish to work on [in this post], and submit your works based on the 30 themes provided. Two different people may have the same claim, but no more than that. Once you have completed the 30 themes, your claim will be available for others again. As the name suggests, you must include a hug in all your works, be it metaphorical, or a true blue anime glomp. Only fictional characters [including original characters and crossovers] are allowed! Once you've finished your 30 themes, you get a banner. :) Anyone who would like to help with the banner-making can respond to this post.
No flaming of chosen claims will be tolerated! I repeat, this is a friendly community. ^__^ Once your claim makes it to the list, please start writing!
1) You don't have to follow the order of the themes. Let the plotbunnies hop in and rule your works! ^__^
2) Please try to submit your works within three months. However, I'm pretty lax on this rule, since I myself am not always able to follow it. XD; But if you don't complete anything in three months or so, I'll be checking in to see if you're still interested.
3) Each participant may have up to TWO claims, but preferably ONE. If you're writing romance, threesomes are not allowed because it just isn't fair. Collaborations are allowed, but please keep it down to two people. Between the two of you, you can decide to do a separate set of 30 themes each or share the 30 themes.
4) To request a claim, please respond to this post with the subject line of "Requesting Hug". The FULL names [if applicable] of the characters must be included along with the fandom they belong to, and whether you're claiming them as a romantic couple or in a platonic way. For original characters, please state somewhere in the comment that it is original. For crossovers, please state both the fandoms your characters belong to. Please check the list of claimed relationships before you request yours to prevent confusion.
5) When you decide that doing 30 themes for your claim is just too much work and time, OR if you're done with the 30 themes, please respond to this post and indicate your claim and which fandom it comes from. ^__^
6) Feel free to interpret the themes in any way that you like. Just remember to include a hug somewhere! As mentioned earlier, it doesn't have to be a real hug; it can be a hug in a metaphoric sense as well. The way your present your entries is flexible as well. It can be a drabble of 100 words, or a chaptered fic with one theme for each chapter.
7) Please don't join the themes together into one piece of work. That takes the challenge and fun out of completing the 30 themes!
8) Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
9) Please post your work under a lj-cut or provide a link somewhere inside your post. When posting, please follow the format below:
Title: Fandom: Theme [include theme number]: Characters and Relationship (romantic or platonic): Rating: Disclaimer [if needed]: Summary [not compulsory]:
Please also TAG your entry with your USERNAME and CLAIM.
10) Please state the story's rating CLEARLY in your post.
11) Any more questions? Please refer to this post.
12) Who doesn't love feedback? I know I do. Feedback is highly encouraged in this comm, but flames will not be tolerated to prevent dispute.
13) Plugging is allowed. Because this comm is cool like that. XD
For romantic claims, I will use "X" to separate the names. For platonic claims, and claims that will include both platonic and romantic entries, I will use "and" to separate the names. For this reason, please be sure to tell me the nature of your claim. :) Claims made before I became the maintainer will remain listed as they are, unless I am informed that any of them should be listed otherwise.